If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make meal, then this Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe is for you! This recipe takes just minutes of prep time and then the slow cooker does all the work. The end result is a tender and flavorful shredded pork that is great for sandwiches, tacos, nachos, and more. Plus, you’ll have plenty of leftovers for another meal during the week.
- 2-3 lbs. boneless pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt.
3. Place the pork shoulder in the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Add the onion and garlic mixture and pour the sauce over the top. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours.
4. When the pork is cooked through, remove it from the slow cooker and shred it with two forks. Place the shredded pork back in the slow cooker and stir to combine with the sauce.
5. Serve the pulled pork on slider buns, tacos, nachos, or however you’d like. Enjoy!
Saturated Fat: 7g
Vitamin A: 310IU
Vitamin C: 1.7mg
Tips and Tricks
This Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe is a great way to save time in the kitchen. The pork shoulder is a great cut of meat for slow cooking because it’s full of flavor and it gets really tender after a long day in the slow cooker. You can also prepare the pork ahead of time and then store it in the refrigerator overnight before cooking. This will give the flavors a chance to really develop and make the pork even more flavorful.
You can also switch up the flavors in this recipe. For example, you can use different types of vinegar, such as balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar. You can also switch up the spices and use different types of chilies, such as chipotle or ancho chili powder. The possibilities are endless!
If you’re looking for an even easier way to make this Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe, you can also use a slow cooker liner. This will make cleanup a breeze and you won’t have to worry about scrubbing the slow cooker afterwards. You can also add other ingredients to the slow cooker, such as potatoes, carrots, and celery, for a complete meal.
This Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe is sure to become a family favorite. With just minutes of prep time and an easy cleanup, it’s a great way to get a delicious meal on the table without all the fuss. Give it a try and enjoy!