Lasagna is a classic comfort food that has been around for centuries, and there are countless ways to make it. From the traditional Italian version to vegan-style, there’s truly something for everyone. Today, we’re going to take a look at how to make the ultimate cheese lasagna in a slow cooker. This easy and delicious meal is sure to become a family favorite!
– 1 box lasagna noodles (16 oz.)
– 1 jar marinara sauce (24 oz.)
– 2 cups ricotta cheese
– 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
– 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 2 eggs
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. First, lightly coat the inside of the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Add half of the jar of marinara sauce to the bottom of the slow cooker and spread it out evenly.
3. Begin to layer the lasagna noodles on top of the sauce. Break the noodles to fit, if needed.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, eggs, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Spread half of this mixture on top of the noodles.
5. Top with 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese.
6. Add another layer of noodles and top with the remaining ricotta cheese mixture.
7. Top with the remaining jar of marinara sauce, followed by the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
8. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours, or until the noodles are cooked through.
9. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
This slow cooker cheese lasagna is a delicious and hearty dish that’s sure to please. One serving of this lasagna provides approximately:
– 350 calories
– 16 grams of fat
– 36 grams of carbohydrates
– 20 grams of protein
It is also a good source of calcium, iron, and vitamins A and C.
This slow cooker cheese lasagna is a great dish for those busy weeknights when you don’t have time to spend hours in the kitchen. It’s also a great meal to make ahead of time and freeze for later. Simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight, then heat in the microwave or oven for a quick and easy meal.
This lasagna is also very versatile. Feel free to add in your favorite vegetables, such as mushrooms, bell peppers, spinach, or zucchini. You can also add in some ground beef, sausage, or turkey for an extra boost of protein.
No matter what you add to it, this slow cooker cheese lasagna is sure to be a hit with family and friends. Give it a try and let us know what you think!