This slow cooker pulled pork is so easy to make and it will be the star of the show at any gathering. Here is what you will need to make this slow cooker pulled pork:
- 2-3 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- Salt to taste
Now that you have all the ingredients to make your slow cooker pulled pork, it’s time to get cooking! Here’s what you need to do:
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Place the pork shoulder in the slow cooker and top with the chopped onion and minced garlic.
- Pour the mixture over the pork and add the chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Once the pork is cooked, remove it from the slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker and stir in the barbeque sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve the pulled pork on buns with your favorite toppings.
This slow cooker pulled pork is packed with flavor and nutrition. One serving (1/4 lb) of this pulled pork contains:
- Calories: 300
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Protein: 30 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sodium: 800 mg
This slow cooker pulled pork is a great way to get a healthy meal on the table without spending a lot of time in the kitchen. The pork is packed with protein, and the combination of spices adds a lot of flavor. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be served with a variety of sides and toppings.
If you are looking for a quick and easy meal that the whole family will love, this slow cooker pulled pork is a great option. It’s packed with flavor and nutrition, and it’s sure to be a hit at your next gathering.