Barbecue is a classic all-American dish, and one of the best things about it is the variety of sauces available. If you’re looking for a unique and smoky-tasting sauce to put on your grilled meats and vegetables, then you should definitely try liquid smoke barbecue sauce. This sauce is made with liquid smoke, a natural smoke flavoring that adds a smoky flavor to foods without the need for an open flame. It’s the perfect way to add a smoky kick to your favorite dishes, and it’s surprisingly easy to make.
To make this liquid smoke barbecue sauce, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Making liquid smoke barbecue sauce is surprisingly easy. Here’s what to do:
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the ketchup, dark brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using).
- Whisk the ingredients together until they are well blended.
- Transfer the sauce to a saucepan and bring it to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and let it cool completely.
- Transfer the cooled sauce to a container with a lid and store it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
This liquid smoke barbecue sauce is great for adding flavor to grilled meats, vegetables, and more. It’s also great for dipping and brushing onto foods as they cook. Try it on grilled pork chops, roasted potatoes, burgers, and more. Of course, it also makes a great dip for chicken wings, french fries, and other appetizers.
One serving of this liquid smoke barbecue sauce (1 tablespoon) contains the following nutrition information:
- Calories: 20
- Total Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 110mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 5g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 0g
If you want to switch things up, you can try adding different ingredients to this liquid smoke barbecue sauce. For a sweeter sauce, try adding a few tablespoons of honey or molasses. For a spicier sauce, add more cayenne pepper or some hot sauce. You can also add different herbs and spices to give the sauce an even more complex flavor. Experiment and see what you like best!
If you’re looking for a smoky-tasting barbecue sauce that’s easy to make and tastes great, then you should definitely give liquid smoke barbecue sauce a try. It’s a delicious way to add a smoky flavor to your favorite dishes, and it’s surprisingly easy to make. Plus, it’s low in calories, so you can enjoy it without feeling guilty. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking and enjoy this delicious liquid smoke barbecue sauce!