Cooking a ham in the slow cooker is an easy and hassle-free way to have a delicious meal on the table. Fresh ham is a great choice since it has a sweet, smoky flavor and is a leaner option than cured ham. This recipe is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
- 1 fresh ham, about 4 to 5 pounds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- In a small bowl, mix together the sea salt, garlic powder, black pepper, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper. Rub the mixture all over the ham.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ham and brown it on all sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the ham to the slow cooker. Pour in the chicken stock, honey, Dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until the ham is tender.
- Remove the ham from the slow cooker and transfer it to a cutting board. Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the ham with the sauce from the slow cooker.
One serving of Fresh Ham Slow Cooker is about 4 ounces and contains approximately:
- Calories: 145
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Protein: 19g
- Sodium: 630mg
- Cholesterol: 50mg
This Fresh Ham Slow Cooker recipe is a great way to enjoy a delicious meal without spending a lot of time in the kitchen. It’s an easy and hassle-free way to get a meal on the table. The sweet, smoky flavor of the fresh ham is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
The addition of the honey, Dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar gives the ham a unique flavor that you won’t find with cured ham. You can adjust the ingredients to make it as mild or as spicy as you like.
The slow cooker is a great way to cook the ham because it allows the flavors to meld together while the ham gets tender and juicy. You can also make ahead and keep it in the refrigerator for up to three days. When you’re ready to serve, just heat it up in the slow cooker.
This Fresh Ham Slow Cooker recipe is a great option for a weeknight meal or a special occasion. The leftovers make great sandwiches, too. Enjoy!