Slow cooker recipes are the perfect go-to meal when you don’t have time to prepare a meal. They are easy to make and require minimal preparation. Slow cooker recipes are ideal for busy weeknights, when you don’t have time to stand over a stove. Martha Stewart has developed some amazing slow cooker recipes that are sure to please everyone in your family. From classic comfort foods to exotic dishes, there’s something for everyone in these slow cooker recipes.
Cheesy Chicken and Rice
This cheesy chicken and rice recipe is a classic comfort food with a creamy, cheesy sauce. It’s a great way to get dinner on the table quickly and easily. It’s a one-pot meal that requires minimal prep and only a few ingredients. It’s also a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken or turkey.
– 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
– 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey, cubed
– 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
– 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Grease the inside of a slow cooker.
2. Spread the rice on the bottom of the slow cooker.
3. Top with chicken or turkey.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, cheddar cheese, and sour cream. Mix until well combined.
5. Pour the soup mixture over the chicken and rice.
6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
8. Serve warm.
This cheesy chicken and rice recipe is a great source of protein and carbohydrates. It contains approximately 11 grams of protein per serving and 32 grams of carbohydrates. It also contains 6 grams of fat and 8 grams of dietary fiber. It is a low-calorie dish and has only 137 calories per serving.
Slow Cooker Mexican Pork
This slow cooker Mexican pork recipe is a great way to spice up your weeknight meals. It’s easy to make and requires minimal prep. It’s made with lean pork tenderloin, vegetables, and a delicious blend of Mexican spices. The pork is slow cooked until it is tender and juicy. Serve it over rice or with a side of tortillas for a complete meal.
– 2 pounds pork tenderloin
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 onion, chopped
– 1 red bell pepper, chopped
– 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
– 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
– 1 tablespoon chili powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/2 cup chicken broth
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the garlic, onion, and bell pepper. Cook until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Transfer the vegetables to a slow cooker.
4. Add the diced tomatoes, green chilies, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper.
5. Place the pork tenderloin on top of the vegetables.
6. Pour the chicken broth over the pork.
7. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
8. Remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred with two forks.
9. Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
10. Serve over rice or with a side of tortillas.
This slow cooker Mexican pork is a great source of lean protein. It contains approximately 30 grams of protein per serving. It is also low in fat, with only 5 grams of fat per serving. It is a good source of dietary fiber, with 4 grams per serving. It also contains 8 grams of carbohydrates and only 179 calories per serving.